Wednesday, May 8, 2024

BOTB May 2024 - Results

 




Hello, Everyone!

 Many thanks to all who participated in my “Here Comes the Sun” Battle of the Bands for May! Here are the results:

 

Richie Havens    Votes = 5 + 1 (me)

Sheryl Crow          Votes =3

 

 

Quotes:

“Don’t you love the Oxford dictionary? When I first read it,

I thought it was a really, really long poem about everything.”

~ David Bowie

 

Fun Facts:

“Happy Birthday” is the most profitable song of all time!

Billie Holiday was Billy Crystal’s babysitter.

 

And, Just For Fun:


Happy month of May, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. How sad. Richie Havens is pretty good, but I tire of his style. Sheryl can sing me to sleep anytime and lead me into pleasant dreams.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. dIEDRE ~

    I liked that song, The Sound Of Sunshine, and the video for it. It took me back to my years of hanging out on Venice Beach and all the weirdos there. That was always a *free* show!

    >>... "Billie Holiday was Billy Crystal’s babysitter."

    Wow! I never heard that one before. Long ago, I wrote a screenplay titled 'Billy & Billie', and now I learn there really was a Billy & Billie.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running across that song was a treat for me too ;-)

      Delete
  3. Rats, I was on the wrong side in this battle but I still prefer Sheryl Crow! :) Have a bandtastic day, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to music, is there really ever a wrong side? Have a wonderful May, my friend.

      Delete

Your thoughts?

BOTB May 2024 - Results

  Hello, Everyone!  Many thanks to all who participated in my “Here Comes the Sun” Battle of the Bands for May! Here are the results:   Rich...