Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Battle Of The Bands - October 15th 2024 Don't Look Now

 


 


Hey, hi! Glad you stopped by ;-)

The Battle of The Bands (BOTB) is your basic Which-do-you-like-best contest where the one that gets the most votes wins. All you have to do is show up (the 1st and/or 15th of every month) give a listen and cast your vote in the comment section. Votes will be tallied and the winner revealed on or about 8 days later.

I wasn’t going to post this time; you know, holidays coming, candy to buy, meals to plan... but who can resist the hijinks of Halloween?  Do any of you decorate for the Holidays? How about scary movies? Have you watched any yet? I’ve seen at least one a day for the last week or so. Well, if not seen then at least I listened while doing something else. There are some outstanding soundtracks attached to those movies!  Though, as far as I know, I’m not using any ;-) Enjoy!





I sure hope I'm not taking someone's idea with this next one...




Hope to see you all soon, but if I don't make it back in a few days as planned, I'll see ya on Nov 1st with a new battle - AND the results of this one. Have a spooky Halloween!





6 comments:

  1. I almost forgot that I put up a battle today. Good grief, where is my brain? I think I left it in vacation mode. :D My vote goes to BORIS THE SPIDER. It had just enough creepy weirdness for me. I'm not a huge Halloween fan but we do enjoy watching some of our favorites like "Young Frankenstein" or maybe something a bit scarier but no slasher type movies. I really hate those! I buy candy so we can eat it and keep the porch light off to keep kids away. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hope you enjoyed vacation. I appreciate the vote for Boris ;-)
      We only get one trick-or-treater a year - if that - so I only ever buy one bag of candy. Since the bag is already open we may keep our lights off as well ;-)

      Delete
  2. VOTE = TOM WAITS

    Hands down. Nuf sed. Boris is classic. Tom's spoken word is soooo compelling. Dig it. ~Ed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Ed ;-) But have you heard Scott Walker scare-talking Farmer in the City? Tough choice between Scott and Tom and who I was going to challenge Boris with ;-) A vote for Tom - thanks!

      Delete
  3. No big Halloween plans for us as usual, but we have been watching a few scary movies of late. We watched "The Happening" the other night and enjoyed it a great deal. I don't know why that film gets such a bad rap. It freaked my wife out--she loved it!
    The Tom Waits thing was, uh, interesting. That was a new one to me that I probably won't be listening to much.

    However, love the Who and "Boris" is a great song. Give the Spider my vote.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gads! You and Mrs J are brave souls. I may have a nightmare for simply looking up what that movie is all about ;-) Devil doesn't scare me, but that sure does - ha! A vote for the less-frightening Spider, thanks Arlee!

      Delete

Your thoughts?

Battle Of The Bands - October 15th 2024 Don't Look Now

    Hey, hi! Glad you stopped by ;-) The Battle of The Bands (BOTB) is your basic Which-do-you-like-best contest where the one that gets the...