Thursday, June 8, 2023

BOTB June 2023 Battle Results

 


Contenders and Votes for June 2023 Battle

Suddenly Last Summer - The Motels  Votes:  1

Summer Rain - Johnny Rivers            Votes:  9


And the life preserver goes to… the revolving member New Wave Band from Berkeley, CA – The Motels! Did you know one of their first gigs was a self-produced show performed at The Troupers Hall, a space provided in a home for retired actors? I didn’t know there was such a thing as a home for retired actors. What a great idea! I only ever heard - and liked -  two songs, including “Suddenly” by the Motels, but I liked them very much. Just, not enough to vote for them – this time.

Not that I expected the singer/songwriter from (originally NY) Baton Rouge; who does a wildly popular “Memphis” song, to garner such a flood of votes, but there you have it, folks!

The winner of this month’s battle is “Summer Rain” by Johnny Rivers

Don’t forget to see how the other battles played out! (Participants listed in right-hand sidebar)

Thanks for playing, everyone ;-)

Stay Tuned!

9 comments:

  1. Howdy, dIEDRE!

    Hokey-Smoke!
    I would have guessed from the outset that Johnny Rivers was perhaps the favorite to win this Battle, but I *NEVER* could have imagined that it would be a blowout like this! Don't feel bad about it because I've been at this BOTB game for many years and even I could not have foreseen this lopsided outcome.

    It looks like my brother, Judge Al Bondigas, saved you from a shutout, eh? (Pssst! He likes mango ginger chews and JIF 'extra crunchy' peanut butter. --Er... not necessarily at the same time. ;^)

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy, Stephen T.!

      I'm trying not to feel as dumb as I look ;-) Yes, your brother, the Judge (bless his heart) was my one ray of sunshine this time. Mango ginger chews (that's not a dog treat, right?) and extra crunchy JIF (I love that stuff!) is the least I could do ;-)

      Delete
  2. I almost voted for The Motels, but that wouldn't have helped much. That Rivers song is just so darn good!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another blowout, but it's hard to compete against Johnny Rivers! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you, Debbie! I worried about you with all those forest fires...I 'm already working on a plan for Mr. Rivers ;-)

      Delete
    2. We're okay down here. The fires are all up north and to the east. The smokey smog gets a bit much, sometimes, but those poor people are suffering much more than we are. Thanks for thinking of me! ♥

      Delete
  4. WOW, the votes practically shifted all to one side. I didn't see this one comin'! Thanks for reporting in, Diedre. I'm undecided if I'll put a Jul 1st battle up so if you don't see one then it's because I really needed the time down. Have a bandtastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy!
    I didn't see it either. But then, I even surprised myself. Better luck for me next time, I hope.
    Enjoy the downtime ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?

BOTB - May 2024 Here Comes the Sun

  Hey, hi! Glad you stopped by ;-) The Battle of The Bands (BOTB) is your basic Which-do-you-like-best contest, where the one that gets th...