Friday, December 8, 2023

BOTB December 2023 Results

 


Many thanks to all of you who came around and voted in my For the Birds Battle. This outcome was as surprising as the last, but in a more positive way. It was not a shutout; no one was left pecking the ground dejectedly ;-) Here’s how it all went down:

 

Christmas is for the Birds             Conway Twitty          1 Vote 

The Twelve Days of Christmas    5th Grade Teachers     2 Votes

The Gift                                      Aselin Debison              4 Votes  




Merry Christmas, everyone! I'll see ya back here next year as long as they can keep a plug in the jug down south of common sense.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you to the musical purists, but a novelty song can be welcome fun in small doses.

    Have a great Christmas and New Year!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, my friend. I always giggled at the Grandma getting run over by a reindeer until I became one ;-)
      Have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  2. If one doesn't lose the little boy (or girl) in them, novelty songs will *always* be fun... and oftentimes better than the so-called "serious" ones.

    I mean, for one example: 'The Battle Of New Orleans' by Johnny Horton will always be better than any of that pseudo-serious nonsense recorded by Lynyrd Skynyrd! ..."Or do I exaggerate?" (to quote Mr. Potter from 'It's A Wonderful Life').

    Even though the outcome wasn't what I would have liked to have seen, this was my favorite December BOTB installment this year, and it definitely deserved more votes!

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, you may have talked me into watching "It's a Wonderful Life" ;-) I've never seen the whole show, but it came up on my feed this morning. I listened to "Donde esta Santa Claus?" instead, because it made me smile.
      Thanks for checking in.

      Delete

Your thoughts?

BOTB May 2024 - Results

  Hello, Everyone!  Many thanks to all who participated in my “Here Comes the Sun” Battle of the Bands for May! Here are the results:   Rich...