Wednesday, January 10, 2024

BOTB January 2024 - Results

 


Hello, everyone! I sure hope it's warmer where you are than it is here in the normally comfortably warm desert. I've given up hope that we'll make it to 50 degrees today and will probably wear a jacket till bedtime. On a brighter note, I know we aren't the only region experiencing winter temperatures, and for once, I can relate. It is, after all, Winter in America. Be safe out there, folks.

Of course, I probably brought this icicle weather on myself, bringing up the Snowbird like I did. But how about that battle? Didn't you just love the contenders? Here's how the ice chips shivered out:

Song:        SNOWBIRD                                                             Votes:

Artist        Anne Murray                                                            6 + 1 = 7

Artist        Burl Ives                                                                               1

Artist        Elvis Presley                                                                         1


Thank you, one and all - once again - for coming around to cast your vote! Don't forget to see how the other battles turned out (top right of this page). That's where I'm headed next. Sharing a little sunshine below.   See you all soon!





9 comments:

  1. It's cold here and the worse is yet to come! I'm so ready for spring. I voted for Elvis but am not surprised Ann beat the others out by a long shot. It really is her song. I reported my battle outcome on Monday. Thanks for reporting how your battle went and I really appreciate your closing song a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cathy!
      The very mention of spring sounds like music ;-)
      Snowbird being Anne's song is such a popular consensus that anyone else covering it came as quite a surprise. I intended to post the outcome on Monday as well but had a couple day-job issues to address.
      Pink and her daughter make a wonderful duet. It warmed my day to hear them, so I just had to share.
      Stay warm!

      Delete
  2. dIEDRE ~

    Although this Battle was clearly a wipeout, it was still pretty successful when you consider that...
    1) You were using a Billboard Top 10 hit against two relatively unheard of covers.
    2) Even the two covers got on the scoreboard against a massive #8 hit song.

    Not sure how you pulled this one off, but you did. (I'd have been too scared of a shutout to attempt this match-up.)

    I'm planning to post a rare mid-month BOTB installment on January 15th. I just have *SO MANY* songs (104) to use in my new BOTB's Battle Of The Booze theme that I figure I better start doing some mid-month Battles now.

    Stay warm (I recommend red wine for that),
    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how the battle went from "great" to "Clearly a wipeout" but here we are. It might have to do with the popularity of the contenders, but I, for one, enjoyed the battle, as well as reactions from other BOTB participants. "So Many songs" reminds me of my "For The Birds" theme. I may get tired of it before I ever run out of songs ;-) Thanks for your support.

      Delete
    2. It was "great" because you introduced me to two covers of the song that I didn't know existed. Both of which I liked better than the big hit by Anne Murray. (Especially Big Burl's version.)

      But, the 7 to 1 voting result was a wipeout. Or, blowout, to use a more common synonym. (I think I wrote "wipeout" because we are now buried in snow, and my mind is returning to the sunny Southern California years of my youth, Summers spent on the beach body-surfing -- and wipeout is a surfing term.)

      I definitely enjoyed this Battle.
      And with "so many" For The Birds songs on your list, maybe you might want to join us mid-month BOTBers this time on Jan. 15th?

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
    3. Actually, I was thinking about doing a battle on the 15th for that very reason. I'll need a break from numbers by then anyway ;-)

      Delete
    4. Sounds like a goot plan!
      And bring your thirsty birds to my Battle, because there will be plenty of sippin' whiskey for everyone.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  3. We've had mild (for us - in the 40s F), rainy and foggy weather, for the most part. Seems like temperatures all over the world are out of whack! Now we're into winter for real, but still not as cold as it could be - thankfully - and no snow to speak of! I'm not surprised Anne Murray won this battle, but at least the other contenders got a vote each. Finally got my results posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to know for sure what constitutes normal these days. A friend remarked the other day how much nicer the weather used to be - before the seasons changed - ha! I'll be by to check out your results ;-) Thanks for checking back!

      Delete

Your thoughts?

BOTB May 2024 - Results

  Hello, Everyone!  Many thanks to all who participated in my “Here Comes the Sun” Battle of the Bands for May! Here are the results:   Rich...