Monday, February 26, 2024

BOTB February 15th 2024 - Results

 


 

Hello, Everyone!

Here I am, regrettably late again. But I had such a blast at the 99th Annual Fiesta de Los Vaqueros I can’t say it wasn’t worth it ;-) I am a bit post-toasty, though, as in burnt to a tur – crisp. Last week’s warming trend led to semi-mild temps in the mid-eighties for the weekend, which were fairly agreeable when a breeze came up (twice).

As for the results of my February 15th battle, emcee McC would classify it as some kind of out, I’m sure. Whether it was a shut, a close, a shout, or a wipe-out remains to be proclaimed by anyone with an opinion ;-) I, for one, am just so appreciative of the participation that I can’t help but smile.

You may recall that the theme was love songs without the word. In this battle, the late great Toby Keith got seven out of seven votes (including mine).

 

In Case You Didn’t Know                Brett Young

Me Too                                           Toby Keith


Here's a couple more songs from the country contenders (before I get back to 'The Birds')




Happy rest of your February!




4 comments:

  1. dEAR dIEDRE ~

    I just now checked out the photos of the parade at Tucson.com. It looked like a real good time (and you were due for one) and I really dug all the cowboy hats. (I think I may have even spotted a couple of the cowboy hats I lost years ago during some... rough & rowdy nights.)

    Yeah, I think "shut" is the out we're looking for here. But so what? It was a clever & unique BOTB theme, that I never could have even thought of. But now that you've started that tiny wheel in my big noggin turnin'... I'm wondering if I could come up with songs about being buzzed (or even bombed) that don't even mention booze, hooch or (my favorite slang term) evidence.

    I hope you and your brothers are doing OK. Lemme know if you need the DogGtor of Alcohology & King of Inebriation Nation to write out a prescription for you that can be inexpensively filled at any establishment selling fine, time-tested remedies. :-)

    Your Friend,
    ~ Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stephen!
      I've attended the rodeo more times than I can count, but how can I not enjoy the "Greatest show on dirt"? I checked the pictures too, since you mentioned it. Our box seats are right down almost level with the arena floor so you get plenty of dirt in your beer ;-) But the view is fantastic!
      A Shutout. Ugh. It sounds so ...final ;-) Somehow I don't have the heart for a rematch. Your new idea is certainly one to ponder - ha! I do believe there is such a song, though. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

      Delete
  2. The parade sounds like fun! From my northern perch, it's hard to fathom getting a sunburn in February, though. ☺ Oh yikes! A shutout! Well, as Stephen said, the idea was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Debbie!
      The parade is fun because there are always more than a few people you know; waving from one of the wagons ;-) The rodeo is absolutely thrilling if you don't mind a little dust ;-)
      Ha! Yeah, it was a bit warm. Not unusual, though. You'd think, with a tree full of hats at my disposal I'd have worn one that day, but no. de mi. Yesterday, we had light showers.
      Gads, a Shutout. I should really write down these terms. I really didn't expect that.
      Glad you stopped by ;-)

      Delete

Your thoughts?

BOTB - May 2024 Here Comes the Sun

  Hey, hi! Glad you stopped by ;-) The Battle of The Bands (BOTB) is your basic Which-do-you-like-best contest, where the one that gets th...