Thursday, February 15, 2024

BOTB February 15th 2024

 


Hey, hi! Glad you stopped by ;-)

The Battle of The Bands (BOTB) is your basic Which-do-you-like-best contest, where the one that gets the most votes wins. All you have to do is show up (the 1st and/or 15th of every month) give a listen and cast your vote in the comment section. Votes will be tallied, and the winner will be revealed on or about 8 days later.

Tossing my zany “For the Birds” theme to the wind this time, I’ve selected love songs that (hopefully) get the point across without actually using the word LOVE to compete in today’s battle. If you’re wondering, that was tougher than you might think, but still a fun challenge. Let me know what you think.

Hope you all enjoyed Valentine’s Day!

“Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place” ~ Zora Neale Hurston.

If anyone could coax a soul out of hiding, it was Country Music icon Toby Keith. Since his passing last week, l should go out and buy his music all over again. Just to make sure I have it. 




   


Born in Anaheim, CA, Brett Young was pitching for his high school baseball team, where a chance fill-in for the leader of the band during Christian Worship eventually led this Country Pop artist to Ole Miss on a baseball scholarship and on to Country Music fame.


There you have it, folks! Which do you like best? And how come? Let me know in the comment section below. Oh! And, before you go, hop around and see the rest of today’s battles (participating sites are located in the top right sidebar of this page)

Thanks in advance, everyone! Enjoy the rest of February. I'll be back with the results in a few days.

10 comments:

  1. Both songs are new to me. I think Toby's song and style is a closer fit to my ears in this battle. :) I don't have a battle running today, so you don't have to worry about hopping over to my place...unless you just miss me. lol Have a bandtastic day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Of course I miss you, my dear! I also very much enjoy your posts; 15th or not ;-) So I'll hop over any way. A vote for Toby - thank you, Ma'am.

      Delete
  2. It's always sad when someone dies before their time. RIP Toby Keith! 🌹 Both songs are new to me, but I'm voting for Toby. He had a better voice, and I preferred the melody also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Debbie! Yeah, Toby put up quite the fight with cancer before he left. I'm glad we'll have his music to remind us. I've been a fan since he first made the scene, so I'm kind of biased. Still, I think Brett is pretty good too ;-) Thanks for your vote for Toby.

      Delete
  3. I prefer Toby because the other guy's voice is a bit too Lasalle for me and it is that typical style one now heats everywhere a la American Idol. Toby left too soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit! "Lasalle"? I'm gonna have to look that up - ha! But I think I get your point ;-) Another vote for Toby - thank you, Ma'am.

      Delete
  4. Howdy, dIEDRE ~

    Brett Young -- Christian, born in my old stomping grounds of Orange County, and a baseball guy, too! I felt like I *should* be voting for him. But, alas, I liked the TOBY KEITH song a bit better.

    After listening to them both, I turned to my brother, Judge Al Bondigas, and I said, "I preferred the first song".
    And Judge Al said, "Me too".

    So, I think you can count that as a "rulin'", and you can count my opinion as a "vote".

    I hope you're doing OK
    down Tucson-way.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy, Stephen! Thanks for moseying on over with two (much appreciated) nods for Toby Keith ;-)
      Right as rain in July, my friend. Glad for the warmth of some overdue sunshine.

      Delete
  5. Google is being stupid and won't let me comment as myself, even though I'm signed in and accessed from my blog to yours.

    Anyhoo... I'm voting for Toby Keith. For so many reasons... too many to count!

    ~Mary B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! Another much appreciated vote for Toby Keith who seemed to just have a knack for putting a few events in my life to music too ;-)

      Delete

Your thoughts?

BOTB - May 2024 Here Comes the Sun

  Hey, hi! Glad you stopped by ;-) The Battle of The Bands (BOTB) is your basic Which-do-you-like-best contest, where the one that gets th...