Sunday, June 9, 2024

BOTB June 2024 - Results

 


Battle Name:             June 2024

Song:                          Summer Breeze  (Seals and Crofts)

Contenders and Tallies:

                                    Johnny Mathis                = 5 votes

                                    Jason Mraz                     = 2 votes

Many thanks to everyone who stopped by to vote on one of my favorite summer songs! While My For the Birds battles are not quite officially over, I couldn't resist a little summer celebration ;-) 

Other battle results are probably available (I’m a slowpoke) at the links located in the top right column of this page.

Don't forget the Sunscreen...

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there!  See you on the 1st of July!


 




7 comments:

  1. I'm surprised Jason got another vote besides me because when I stopped by it was Johnny, Johnny, Johnny! Thanks for reporting how things went and too bad Jason didn't do better but that's the way it goes. Have a bandtastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I realize I didn't include my own vote (jeez) I must admit I would have voted for Johnny, Jason was kind of disappointing, and after all is said and done, I've listened to Seals and Crofts half a dozen times just to remind myself how you can't beat perfection ;-) Thanks, Cathy!

      Delete
  2. I'm not surprised Johnny won this one. Jason was taking too many liberties with an iconic song. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, what Debbie said.
    But even to that I will add this:
    Although I am a major Johnny Mathis fan, I still think he ought not to have recorded this song.

    There is a small handful of songs that ought'nt be tampered with by anyone other than the original artist, and I would put 'Summer Breeze' in that category.

    It's like trying to imagine that someone could take the song 'Spirit In The Sky' and make it worth buying when Norman Greenbaum's original has already been heard.

    Of course, my own theory goes right out the window when one remembers that Tiny Tim's version of 'Stairway To Heaven' was better'n Led Zep's original. What is a BOTBer to do?! ;^D

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always with the Tiny Tim threads :-)
      Aha! So some songs are off-limits? I suspected as much, though I still think everyone deserves a tiny fighting chance - He he-he. Thanks, Stephen!

      Delete
    2. "Tiny Tim's version of 'Stairway To Heaven' was better'n Led Zep's original." Seriously??! 😜

      Delete

Your thoughts?

BOTB June 2024 - Results

  Battle Name:             June 2024 Song:                          Summer Breeze  (Seals and Crofts) Contenders and Tallies:               ...