Monday, April 1, 2024

BOTB April 2024 - Foolish

 


Hey, hi! Glad you stopped by ;-)

The Battle of The Bands (BOTB) is your basic Which-do-you-like-best contest, where the one that gets the most votes wins. All you have to do is show up (the 1st and/or 15th of every month), give a listen, and cast your vote in the comment section. Votes will be tallied, and the winner will be revealed on or about 8 days later.

I sure hope everyone had a pleasant Easter ;-) Saturday’s gale-force winds delivered some bone-chilling rain for Sunday. But I wasn't too affected since I haven’t hosted – or even attended an Easter Egg Hunt in several years. However, I do miss those Spoon Races and Marshmallow Wars…How was your day?

As for today’s Battle of the Bands, the Birds are temporarily grounded. Instead, I’m giving a nod to all our favorite fools out there. Hang on to your hearts, folks!

First up: The last single, Foolish Heart from Steve Perry’s debut solo album Street Talk did almost as well as the first single “Oh Sherrie” from the same album, which was one of the biggest hits of 1984



Next: A song that Johnny Mathis himself admits personifies his character, a fun fact verified by the songwriters who also claim the man’s sensitivity, which extends to extreme generosity to those less fortunate, at times bears guidance.



And: Because I couldn’t resist sharing this one by Robert Plant



There you have it, folks! Which do you like best? And how come? Let me know in the comment section below. Oh! And, before you go, hop around and see the rest of today’s battles (participating sites are located in the top right sidebar of this page)

 

Have a wonderful April, Everybody!

See you soon!

 

14 comments:

  1. I had my vote down to the first and third picks but in the end I think I'm going with "Foolish Heart" because of emotional attachment. I appreciated the introduction to Robert Plant's track. Have a bandtastic week, Diedre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cathy!
      Foolish Heart is a fine start to this battle - Thank you, Ma'am.

      Delete
  2. Happy April, diedre! 🌷 What a shame you had such bad weather for Easter. Winter is refusing to leave here, but hopefully things will warm up soon. Interesting battle, with three different genres. My vote goes to Robert Plant. How could I not choose the former Led Zeppelin front man? Great song! ❤️‍🔥🤘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Debbie!
      Happy April to you as well ;-) We are definitely saturated in the valley below the snow-capped peaks of the Catalina Mountains, which I think we'll remember fondly in a couple months or so ;-)
      I have to agree, Ship of Fools by Robert Plant - the front man - is one for every playlist!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. A hearty vote for Steve Perry! Fun foolish battle and thanks for the trip down memory lane.

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mary! "A hearty vote," I love it!
      I'm with you on memory lane and the memorable reign of Steve Perry and Journey ;-) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. There was something about the Johnny Mathis song that I really liked. Maybe it's his voice, or how he sang it, or the lyrics. In any event, I'm voting for his.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John!
      Just about anything Johnny Mathis sings is imbued with such effortless emotion I'm surprised he doesn't win every battle ;-) Thanks for getting him out of the gate in this one!

      Delete
  5. Robert Plant gets my vote with Ship of Fools

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mike!
      A much appreciated vote for Ship Of Fools - thanks!

      Delete
  6. Good thing you didn't sugarcoat, Maestro ;-) If I'm assuming correctly, we have one vote for Steve Perry, and one vote for Johnny Mathis. Cool beans. And thanks, you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dEAR dIEDRE ~

      Your assumption was 100% spot-on.
      1 vote for Mathis
      and
      1 rulin' for Mr. Perry.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  7. You can tell Johnny Mathis sang his from deep within but, saying that, I'm going with Robert Plant. I love his voice and the instrumental style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. You can always count on Mathis for emotions, while Plant is often too screechy. With Ship of Fools, Robert Plant show a vocal range I didn't know he had. Thanks for your vote, Birgit!

      Delete

Your thoughts?

BOTB - May 2024 Here Comes the Sun

  Hey, hi! Glad you stopped by ;-) The Battle of The Bands (BOTB) is your basic Which-do-you-like-best contest, where the one that gets th...