Monday, September 9, 2024

BOTB September 2024 - Results

 


Thanks to everyone who stopped by to listen and cast a vote on my latest Battle of the Bands! Since the song was practically written for Frank Sinatra, the outcome could have been a no-brainer had I used anyone sounding closer to the famous crooner than the contender I chose. Funny how those things go…I’m learning ;-)  And while Curtis Stigers wasn’t half bad, it seems Emmy had just the right touch to gently bend a slightly leaning lead into an astonishing draw. No losers here - I’m jazzed!    

Contenders                                                      Song(s)                         Votes

Emmy Rossum                                  The Summer Wind                       5  (Including mine)

Curtis Stigers                                    The Summer Wind                       5

 

Recorded in 1966, this signature song by Frank Sinatra charted at #1 on the Easy Listening Chart that same year and was still being played as part of his regular concert performances in 1986. He and Julio Iglesias performed an impressive duet of the song in 1993.

Since the full Harvest Moon this month is only two days after, I’ll be back on the 15th with a couple of songs about one of my very favorite occasions ;-) Care to join me?

 


 

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts?
    Well, since I can't afford to pay anybody this month to tell me what I think, I guess I'll have to wing it this time on my own. (*GULP!*)

    GREAT Battle, dIEDRE!
    And that's a super-cool photo of the Guitar Horizon, too! I think I've been to that place. Is it called Swan Six-String Lake? I believe an old girlfriend ditched me there in 1976. (I just *knew* I shouldn't have let her off the leash! ;-)

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I appreciate your comment ;-) I don't really know if the photo even has a name, but I liked it too.

      Delete
  2. Sinatra was the best on this song. But you had some evenly matched contestants.

    I'll be joining you on the 15th.

    Lee

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?

BOTB September 15, 2024 Full Moon Rising

  I may have mentioned I’m somewhat of a lunatic when it comes to lunar events. We’re due for a full Harvest moon (my favorite!) this coming...